Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Does a Neti Pot Really Work For a Cold?

Being Sick Stinks

I am writing this laying in bed feeling pretty much miserable. I'm not sure what to call it other than just yuck.

One thing that is bugging me, and I'm sure it annoys all of you, is a stuffy/runny nose. I would rather just feel like I'm dying than to have nasal problems. It really makes you feel all the more miserable.

I've been taking all of the over-the-counter medications that are usual when you're sick. However, I have started using a cold remedy I bet that none of you are familiar with.

It's a neti pot.

I bet you're wondering, what the heck is a neti pot anyway? Well, I'm glad you asked. Head on over to What is a Neti Pot and Will it Help My Cold to find out more.

What Does a Neti Pot Do?


In simple terms, a neti pot irrigates your nasal passages. It reduces swelling which helps with the congestion, and it flushes away irritants and mucus.

Believe me, try out a neti pot. You will feel like you cleaned your brain.

I'm not going to lie to you though, the first few times you use a neti pot it's going to feel weird and you're going to feel like you're drowning. But as with everything, a little practice helps.


How To Use a Neti Pot Safely

In this video, learn how to safely use a neti pot. Don't worry, it's not gross. Follow the instructions step by step and you will be able to enjoy clean, free breathing.
 
 

Where Can I Buy a Neti Pot

 
Neti Pots can be found in most stores. However, there are plenty to be found online and at great
prices. This one comes with a complete system to get you started. It includes the neti pot, along with
salt and a nasal wash.
 


 

I encourage you to give a neti pot a try. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you got along without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment