Sunday, November 18, 2012

Splenda is a pesticide?



Well, my son and a friend of ours were at Tropical Smoothie the other day. I didn't want a whole one, so I asked my friend if we could share if she made it with Splenda. She's like, sure.

So they place their orders and we all sat down at a table to wait for our smoothies.  A lady who had been behind us came up to our table and said, "Just so you know, Splenda is made from pesticide, so keep that in mind next time you want to eat some."

I just wanted to tell her, "well, that large Jetty Punch smoothie that's packed full of sugar there is not going to do a thing for your thunder thighs."

I refrained, but rude people just tick me off.

So that little incident has got me to thinking lately. What is Splenda? I know it's not natural, and if it's not natural you really shouldn't eat much of it. But what is it?

Well, Thunder Thighs was partly right.

Splenda was invented in 1976 in Britain. Scientists were trying to invent a pesticide but somehow ended up with a sweetener that has become a diet staple. It was approved by the FDA in 1999.

There have been reported health problems with Splenda, such as bloating, gas, diarrhea, nausea, rash, hives, runny nose, chest pains, and a whole lot more.

I will be researching this topic more thoroughly in the near future and publishing an article on Hubpages. I'll link my blog to it when it's published.

My apologies Thunder Thighs
QC

No comments:

Post a Comment